Cost per person: £100.00
The aim of this course is to ensure operatives working with Petrol Driven Saws have been provided with the basic skills, knowledge, and have an awareness and understanding of the hazards associated with them, and know how to reduce them safely, in turn enabling them to operate the equipment in a safe manner.
Areas covered are
- Understand legislation and guidance including HASWA 74, PUWER 98, MHSWR 99 and PPE Regs
- Carry out pre-use safety checks
- Recognising the hazards and consideration of risk control measures
- Identification of wheels
- Control measures to reduce accidents and encourage safe operation.
- A demonstration on mounting a blade and the correct usage.