Principle Duties and Accountabilities
The Supervisor will be responsible for the Supervision of civils, cabling, HDD, Scaffold and Jointing teams and effective deployment of resources to ensure works are delivered incident free, in compliance with company policy and procedures, client specifications and standards, to programme and within budget. Continuous development of client and supply chain partner relationships.
- Ensuring full compliance with current legislation, and relevant specifications are achieved by you and all teams under your control and all JSM policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Promotion and implementation of SHEQ policies and procedures. Implement zero harm/occupational initiatives while striving for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring delivery of site safety briefings and toolbox talks as required.
- Ensure that all health safety quality and environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place,
monitored, and updated as required.
- Encourage the reporting of Hazards and Near Misses
- Conduct weekly Safety and Quality audits, and ensure all corrective actions are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assist with the management of recruitment, training, competence, and performance management of
the work teams.
- Assist where required with any investigations / HR matters relating to any works under your control.
- Developing good working relationships with the Project Team, internal departments, and all
- Always ensure effective Supervision of the work teams, and workloads.
- Assist, where required with any complaints, and ensure these are handled in line with company policy/procedures.
- Ensuring all information submissions are of a high standard (Daily Work Sheets, Data collection, Quality
- Ensure all work under your control is delivered in line with Contractual agreements/specifications and agreed KPI’s, and to JSM high standards.
- Ensure all site records are to the highest standard and passed to the Project Manager for filing correctly
- Always communicate respectfully and politely to work colleagues, and all stakeholders.
- Assist with the management of all operational aspects of specific projects and activities ensuring on time delivery, within planned costs, to the specifications and drawings to the agreed standard.
- Take ownership of the works under your control.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure successful planning of the sequence of the work, establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project works.
- Work closely with the Streetworks team with regards to Permit / Section 50 applications / TTRO’s, Bus stop/Parking suspensions etc.
- Monitor and ensure that the work of direct and subcontract resource is being carried out to specification and program, ensuring that defects are remedied where applicable.
- Attainment of relevant targets and business goals, maximizing contract profitability.
- Proactively identifying and resolving mitigated project delivery issues with the Project Manager
- Any other appropriate duties as required on a contract/project basis or required by senior management to meet the requirements of the business.