As part of the Environmental Team, reporting directly to Environmental Manager, this position is to assist in the management of environmental matters within JSM Group through the provision of professional advice and solutions, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities
To develop and implement environmental best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. To work proactively with all levels of management, so as to establish and maintain a safe system of work and a safe environment for colleagues and clients. Both desk top surveys and field work including auditing will be an essential requirement for the role.
You will be responsible for:
• Promote continuous improvement of environmental / sustainability performance on specific projects by fulfilling the duties of an environmental advisor
• Assist in the development and implementation, of Environmental Management Plans, Site Waste Management Plans and site specific control measures
• Ensure compliance in line with current environmental legislation along with JSMs own Integrated Management System (IMS) and policies and procedures
• Support project teams, including the production of client reports and external liaison where relevant
• Maintain and support JSM environmental reporting processes and procedures
• Be familiar with and promote current environmental legislation including best practices relevant to JSM
• Assist in the development and delivery of suitable and sufficient environmental and sustainability training for all employees
• Undertake environmental audits and inspections, both internal and external, including suppliers and waste contractors
• Represent and promote environmental meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums
• Provide advice for obtaining legal consents, licenses & exemptions
• Assist with tenders and presentations to external bodies
• Advise on the preparation of environmental risk assessments and method statements
• Ensure that appropriate projects environmental performance is monitored and reports provided
• Assist in the investigation of environmental accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHEQ training courses and ensure that employees with specific environmental responsibilities have received the appropriate training
• Assist in the development of environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Compile a Carbon Footprint report at the end of each year for the business
• Discharge your specific duties for matters regarding health, safety, welfare and Environment as defined in the company policy and in any procedures efficiently and effectively.
• Co-ordinate with the SHEQ Department in all health, safety, quality and environmental matters.
• Set a good personal example, wearing appropriate protective equipment etc.
• Monitor arrangements to ensure that environmental standards adhered to by JSM sub-contractors.
• Promote the reporting of near misses throughout the company
• Compliance with all company Policies & Procedures
• Actively promote a diverse & Inclusive working environment
• Ensure the JSM Group brand is promoted positively and proactively.
• Work effectively as part of the Environmental team, and attend and engage fully in Environmental and SHEQ Team meetings
• Support with any ad hoc duties as and when required