Principle Duties and Accountabilities
Responsibility for the day to day running of the commercial and contract administration of specifically assigned gas contracts. The responsibilities start from the onset of any project which includes but not limited to the following;
- Cost modelling which means preparation of cost estimates, budgets, cost planning, monitoring and control cost, as well as cost research.
- Tender Submissions which include preparing, negotiating and analyzing costs for tenders, review of terms and conditions, clarifying tenders preparing subcontract tender packages if required, evaluate subcontract responses
- Contract administration through preparation of monthly valuations, variations control, arranging for payment, contract administration and preparation and assessment of claims if require.
- Cost reporting which will include preparing monthly reports analyzing cost v value.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor is to assist in managing cost effectiveness from the initial stages of the project to the final costs. This will include responsibility to minimize the costs of the project and enhance value for money whilst working with the team to ensure that the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements.
- Attendance at company and external Contract Handover, Progress Review and Operational meetings
- Ownership of assigned Contracts, responsible for ensuring Contract administration in accordance with the company
- Integrated Management System (IMS) and Contract Terms & Conditions
- Site visits and progress review meetings as required
- Commercial support to Project Managers and Site Agents
- To promote the services of JSM whilst carrying out your duties to assist in creating new business
- Proactive problem solving.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of technical, contractual and commercial developments.
- Compliance with all company Policies & Procedures
- Actively promote a diverse & Inclusive working environment
- Ensure the JSM Group brand is promoted positively and proactively.
- Support with any ad hoc duties as and when required