Principal Duties and Accountabilities
Support and assist the multiple surveys/feasibility studies (number assigned will be subject to value, duration and complexity) and effective deployment of resources to ensure works are delivered incident free, in compliance with company policy and procedures, to programme and within budget. Continuous development of client and supply chain partner relationships and where identified implementation of cost-effective innovations to the business. The role will require and active involvement in supporting the pre-construction department and the tendering/estimation process in the preparation of both tender and construction programmes requiring liaison with Estimators and Surveyors to provide operational and technical support in the compilation of bids and feasibility studies.
- Assist in feasibility studies surveys/reports
- Supporting the pre-construction/bid team at tender stage, providing them with route surveys, paving schedules and tender programmes.
- Ensure that all health safety quality and environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored.
- Encourage the reporting of near misses.
- Promotion and implementation of SQE policies and procedures.
- Participation in delivery of site safety briefings and toolbox talks
- Production of reports, presentations and drawings/designs as required
- Preparation of Job Packs from site surveys for preparation of private wayleaves documents.
- Cable pack design -Straight Line Diagrams, Public Infrastructure Access Documentation.
- Creating register of Special Engineering Difficulties (SEDs) and liaising with necessary Authorities to agree working methods and procedures.
- Support of Scope of Works Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Preparing, updating and inputting information to MS Project Reports.
- Other aspects of the department necessary for the successful completion of a project.
- Liaison with Highways Authorities, Clients and their clients, Utilities Representatives and internal colleagues.
- Compliance with all company Policies & Procedures.
- Actively promote a diverse & Inclusive working environment.