Principal Duties and Accountabilities
Responsible for the management of an individual project or multiple contracts (number assigned will be subject to value, duration and complexity) and effective deployment of resources to ensure works are delivered incident free, in compliance with company policy and procedures, client specifications and standards, to programme and within budget. Continuous development of client and supply chain partner relationships and where identified implementation of cost effective innovations to the business. The role will require and active involvement in the tendering and estimation process and preparation of both tender and construction programmes requiring liaison with Estimators and Surveyors to provide operational and technical support in the compilation of bids and feasibility studies.
- Manage all operational aspects of specific projects and activities ensuring that they are on time, within planned costs, to the specifications and drawings and profitable to the agreed standard.
- Effectively manage customer and client relationships, playing an integral part in the preparation and presentation to the customer of the company’s technical and commercial benefits.
- Work closely with the estimating team to contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates and bid documentation, assisting in all relevant aspects of the company’s tender and post tender negotiations leading the the successful award of contracts for which bids have been made.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings and providing feedback to Estimating Department.
- Attendance at company and external Contract handover, progress review and operational meetings.
- Ownership of assigned project and / or multiple contracts, responsible for ensuring contract administration in accordance with the company integrated management system (IMS) and contract terms and conditions.
- Promotion and implementation of SQE policies and procedures.
- Participation in delivery of site safety briefings and toolbox talks
- Completion of tender stage rams and method statements
- Ensure that all health safety quality and environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored.
- Encourage the reporting of near misses
- Regular site visits and progress review meetings with the designated site agents
- Identifying opportunities for introduction of new innovations and industry products
- To promote the services of JSM whilst carrying out your duties to assist in creating new business
- Work closely with the planning team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of the work, establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project works.
- Work with the commercial team on all contract related issues e.g variations, interim progress applications for payment on account for the project works, negotiation and agreement of the project final amount, subcontractor accounts.
- Monitor and ensure that the work of direct and subcontract resource is being carried out to specification and program, ensuring that defects are remedied and managed within the scope of the contract terms.
- Enforce yellow and red card disciplinary procedure where applicable.
- Attainment of relevant targets and business goals, maximizing contract profitability.
- Production of reports, presentations and drawings/designs as required
- Any other appropriate duties as might require on a contract/project basis or required by senior management to meet the requirements of the business.
- Participation in recruitment initiatives in-conjunction with the operations director
- Operational and technical support to site agents, foremen, gangerman and operatives.