Who are we?
JSM Group Limited is a utilities service provider specialising in the delivery of integrated power and communications solutions. Our registered company name is JSM Group Holdings Ltd (09763076) and our registered address is Sterling House, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, Herts, United Kingdom, EN6 3AR
What type of personal information do we collect?
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contact details – Basic personal information which includes full name, email address, address, telephone number, organisation name and your job title.
- Contact history – Record of what communications or telephone calls we may have sent or made to you.
- Website information– such as cookies and IP address. You can read our Cookies Policy
- Financial Details – When it is necessary to process a payment or payments.
- CCTV Images – If you visit one of our sites.
- Information related to recruitment – If you fill out one of our expression of interest or application forms.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we may ask with your consent if we can screen your temperature to protect workplace health and safety if you visit one of our sites. This data is collected in a spreadsheet which only authorised testers and members of the SHEQ department have access to.
How will we use your information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To respond to your enquiries.
- To correspond with you through telephone, letter, email, or other means.
- To facilitate any interest in a career with JSM – for example, if you fill in an expression of interest or application form on the Join Us section of our website.
- To send information which you have requested.
- To provide the service and products you have requested.
- To perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- Where the information is necessary for legitimate interests.
- Where we have obtained specific written consent to process your information.
- To retain your details for up to 12 months in our talent pool if you’ve agreed you’re happy for us to do so.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Through discussion with our authorised representatives.
- Through employee referrals as part of our employee referral scheme.
- Through automatically collected information such as cookies and IP address if you use our website. You can read our full Cookies Policy here.
- To perform a contract we have entered into with a third-party, who legitimately holds your personal data and who has informed you that they work with third-party contractors.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- Third parties – such as, outsourcing partners and contractors. Note: third parties will always be required to comply with data protection legislation and details of third parties are available upon request.
- Regulatory bodies – on rare occasions we may be asked to share your information with regulatory bodies who are investigating a complaint on your behalf.
What lawful bases do we rely on for processing your information?
Under UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Consent – we have obtained your consent to process your information. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Emma McGuinness at email@example.com
- Contractual obligation – processing is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- Legal obligation – we are obliged to process your data for a legal obligation.
- Legitimate interests – we have a weighted and balanced legitimate interest, where processing is needed and not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
How do we store your personal information?
JSM are certified to ISO 27001:2013 by BSI, demonstrating a high level of compliance for information security. Our ISMS framework includes policies covering all aspects of UK GDPR compliance and the technical and organisational measures in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all data.
How long do we retain your personal information for?
- We keep customer data for as long as you’re a customer of JSM. Thereafter, we may keep your data for up to 7 years to enable us to maintain legally required records and to respond to questions and complaints. We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
- We keep CCTV images of visitors to our sites for up to 45 days after which they are automatically deleted.
- We keep recruitment information related to those who’ve agreed to join our talent pool for a period of up to 12 months after which it is deleted. Where we have partnered with a recruitment agency, we keep that information for a period of up to 6 months. We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Successful job applicants documents will be transferred to the personnel file in any event.
- For all other information, we will determine an appropriate retention period based on the type data, the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and for as long as we have legal obligation or legitimate interests.
What are your data protection rights and how can you exercise them?
Under data protection law, you have a number of rights as a data subject, the following section outlines these rights and how you can exercise them.
- Right to be informed – We must contact you to inform you about the collection and use of your information within a reasonable period of collecting your information. We will do this if your personal information has been provided to us by a third party.
- Right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information that we process about you.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Note: You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise your rights. However, if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee.
Right to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or JSM Group, Sterling House, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 3AR
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. Their contact details are:
- Address – Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Helpline number – 0303 123 1113
- ICO website – https://www.ico.org.uk
How to contact us