The contract awarded to JSM was to deliver a civil and mechanical design of the 66kV cable scheme including designing suitable thermomechanical and electromagnetic restraint, determining fixing spacings, brackets, cleats etc for use in the cable tunnel and cable bridge which would be suitable for the 66kV cable and pilot cables, final positions of 66kV & 11kV joint bays as appropriate.
JSM as Principal Contractor undertook all aspects of this design and installation works which included cable installation in a ducted system, across a cable bridge and within a cable tunnel.
JSM’s primary contract and delivery responsibilities were to:
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & environmental legislation and requirements
- As Principal Contractor for the project ensured full CDM compliance and the management of supply chain and subcontractors
- Provide a full cable design for a 66kV cable system including designing suitable for fixings, brackets, cable bridges and cleat.
- Co-ordinate and deliver the project within the programme and budget
- Plan and liaise with stakeholders
- Risk management
- Temporary works design